Our Association will be guided by a strategic and action plan covering the years 2020 to 2024 developed as follows:
- Facilitate research, and publication and dissemination of research results on LIS education and curriculum.
- Facilitate collaboration and networking: Organize events to create opportunities to bring members together to discuss developments, challenges, and solutions regarding LIS education.
- Develop and foster cooperation and collaboration with members, partner institutions and other associations and organizations, such as iSchools, UNESCO, IFLA, EBLIDA, InLitAs, ALISE, national associations, etc.
- Continue to support BOBCATSSS and organize other events
- Sketch recommendations and guides for organizers
- Suggest conference tools
- Create a protocol for selecting the organizers
- Organize an annual summer school
- Improve data management
- Develop a members’ database.
- Create an e-archive for conference proceedings.
- Increase visibility of our association by:
- Publishing our Newsletter twice in a year and distributing it widely.
- Increase number of members (incl. outside Europe)
- Council Meeting minutes and Board Meeting minutes on the website for transparency
- Develop effective communication strategies for members.
- Discussion forum for the board
- Blog with discussion for the members
- Legal status
- sound and transparent fiscal management.