BOBCATSSS 2021 (20-22 January 2021) with the main Theme Digital Transformation will be held in Porto, Portugal. It is jointly organized by the Porto Accounting and Business School at Polytechnic of Porto, University of Library Studies and Information Technologies (ULSIT), Sofia, Bulgaria and University of Leon, Spain.
BOBCATSSS2021 will be held in Porto, Portugal. It is jointly organized by the Porto Accounting and Business School at Polytechnic of Porto, University of Library Studies and Information Technologies (ULSIT), Sofia, Bulgaria and University of Leon, Spain.
The Association invites bids from institutions to organize BOBCATSSS 2022. The call for main organizers takes place during December 2019-January 2020.
The related call for co-organizers and other contributions is continuous.
All decisions will be made by the EUCLID board. The main organizer decision for 2022 BOBCATSSS will be made during February 2020 and will be informed to all applicants.
30 January 2020. Tania Todorova and Denitsa Krumova presents Bobcatsss2020 in Paris – Information Management, Fake News and Disinformation at Niki Kunchev Show, Darik radio, Sofia.
In the talk, Tania and Denitsa highlights the main Theme of Bobcatsss 2020 “Information Management, Fake News and Disinformation” and the different aspects presented by keynote speakers – M. Fontanin, Vincent Nozick and Rose-Marie Farinella. They underlined the professional collaborative work of the organizing teams from Université Gustave Eiffel, managed by Joumana Boustany, and University of Library Studies and Information Technologies, Sofia, Bulgaria on preparation of that 28th edition. They summarized the international scope of the event (more than 230 participants from 20 countries), the hospitality of the Université Gustave Eiffel, and the role of BOBCATSSS Association (A.K.A. EUCLID – European Association of Library and Information Science Education and Research). Tania announced the in-coming BOBCATSSS 2021 in Porto, Portugal. With the main Theme “Digital Transformation”, it will organize by Polytechnic of Porto (ISCAP – Accounting and Business School), University of Library Studies and Information Technologies, Sofia and University of Leon, Spain.
Paavo Arvola (Tampereen yliopisto, Finland)
Ina Blühmel (Hannover University of Applied Sciences and Arts, Germany)
Joumana Boustany (Université Gustave Eiffel, France)
Carla Colombati (Università degli studi di Teramo, Italy)
Jesus Gascón Garcia (Universitat de Barcelona, Spain)
Tania Todorova (University of Library Studies and Information Technologies, Sofia, Bulgaria)
WORK IN PROGRESS
Our Association will be guided by a strategic and action plan covering the years 2020 to 2024 developed as follows:
- Facilitate research, and publication and dissemination of research results on LIS education and curriculum.
- Facilitate collaboration and networking: Organize events to create opportunities to bring members together to discuss developments, challenges, and solutions regarding LIS education.
- Develop and foster cooperation and collaboration with members, partner institutions and other associations and organizations, such as iSchools, UNESCO, IFLA, EBLIDA, InLitAs, ALISE, national associations, etc.
- Continue to support BOBCATSSS and organize other events
- Sketch recommendations and guides for organizers
- Suggest conference tools
- Create a protocol for selecting the organizers
- Organize an annual summer school
- Improve data management
- Develop a members’ database.
- Create an e-archive for conference proceedings.
- Increase visibility of our association by:
- Publishing our Newsletter twice in a year and distributing it widely.
- Increase number of members (incl. outside Europe)
- Council Meeting minutes and Board Meeting minutes on the website for transparency
- Develop effective communication strategies for members.
- Discussion forum for the board
- Blog with discussion for the members
- Legal status
- sound and transparent fiscal management.